Since the time immemorial, technology has taken the front seat for the progress and development of the human civilization. For instance, can you think of life without electricity? If not, you will then admit that it is the technology that has been the boon to the mankind. How can your business be any different?
Technology for the good:
The most fascinating part here is that technology can work as a two way open that can be used for the good and the bad. Unfortunately, some unscrupulous fellows among us take advantage of it and use technology for the destructive purposes. Your site therefore continues to face online threats. To nip these issues in the bud, you need technology working for you! Here is a few points to ponder.
1) SEO friendliness: Unless your site is SEO friendly, it will not flash in the search engine results. SEO entails a long drawn process that requires continuous upgrade and maintenance. Your site, for instance, must have proper keywords, active links, social media pages and quality content. Again, you are to stay awake 24x7 and 365 days a year for safeguarding your site from any unauthorized infringement resulting data loss for your business.
2) Live chat: Customers of today want fast resolution of their concerns and queries both, failing which they will perceive you as a dumb with a poor customer service. Live chat therefore increases opportunities to sale while helps you address some concerns instantaneously. That's the beauty here!
3) CRM: CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management. To our findings, it is this mechanism that helps you remain in the top of mind awareness of customers. Here 'you' represents your brand/s. Onus to mention, a brand is a collective perception that your customers and prospects carry in their heads and hearts.
With the increase in business volume and the horizon, CRM has been high on agenda throughout the world and technology has made it possible for you!
4) Online security: You cannot compromise with your online security. Padlocks in the URL and security provided in the payment gateway are examples of online security for your business.
5) Simple online registration: Make the process of registration to your site as simple as possible. Asking for too much data from a customer or a cumbersome process to follow for registering will surely drive him/her away to your competition.
Technology must be at the forefront of your business endeavors. This will empower you in many ways such as cost minimization, performance appraisal and many more befitting your unique need and interests. But, technology also requires continuous upgrades that you must NOT forget.