Slot Car Racing & Slot Car Test Track – Mid-America Raceway – Midwest’s Largest Slotcar Supply Store
If you are a fan of motor racing such as NASCAR or NHRA, but can’t afford the millions it takes to have a “real” racing team, for a small investment you can not only own your own “model” racing team but can be the star driver too. Model racing is every bit as challenging as the real thing!
These little cars zip around the huge track as fast as 4 seconds. The drag racers can get upwards of 100mph when they cruise down the track. You could spend hours and hours working on your car and spend thousands of dollars to get the perfect car. It is a hobby and a passion for many people around the world. Slot car racing is popular overseas in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, & Asia.
There are many parts to a slotcar track and vehicle that need to be tweaked if you want to race your best. You will need the right tires, brakes (controller), motor, gears, and body just like a real race car. The most important part of the slot car formula is the race car driver and his/her ability to brake in the turns and speed through the straight aways.
Mid-America is located in Montgomery,IL and is the home of many large tournaments for slot car enthusiasts. If your interest is a 1/32 slot car racing set for your home, or cars, parts and accessories for your home race set, Mid-America has Scalextric slot cars, SCX, Ninco, Fly, Monogram and Slotter slot cars.
Looking for hard to find slotcar motors? It doesn’t matter if you need a Falcon, Plafit, Parma 16-D, Proslot Super 16-D,Koford Super Wasp, Best of the West Hornet, Challenger, Contender, Mura Sportsman, Group 12,Proslot Group-15,Koford Group 27, PK Group-7 or Valiko Eurosport. Motors and replacement and repair parts such as armatures, ceramic magnets and cobalt magnets, brushes and springs are essential for racing. Mid-America Raceway has the widest variety anywhere from Valiko, Koford, ProSlot, Kelly Racing,Lee Gilbert’s Speedshop, Parma, WrightWay, PK, Slick7, Camen, Pla-Fit, Falcon, Mura, Champion, Alpha, Cahoza, Red Fox, RL, Kamen, ProFormance Racing Inc., and others. Mid-America Raceway even custom builds motors, built to fit your slotcar needs.
Need a slot car Chassis? There are 1/24 Eurosport 1/32 Eurosport, 1/32 F-1 Eurosport , Open-12, NASCAR, GT-1, GTP, GT-12, Drag Racing, Gr12, Int-15, G-27, and G-7 Open chassis in stock from Brian Saunders, Richard Mack, Horky, Koford, BRM, Mossetti Racing, JK Products, WRP, JDS, DRS, Slick7, Parma, Proslot, Red Fox, Champion, Kelly Racing, and more.
Do you need gears for your slot car? There are Horky, Red Fox, Valiko, ARP, GT-1, Kelly, Koford, Parma, JK, Sonic, Slick 7, Proslot , Sigma, BRM, and more. How about tools? We stock tools for your Slot car needs from Hakko soldering irons , Sonic fiddle sticks, Carlisle Slot Jigs, Goat-Boy can tools, Dremel, Lucky Bob’s acid flux , Hudy comm Cutters, and Hudy tires grinders, K&S, Magne-Hone, and more. We stock Wrightway durometers, electronic scales, gauss meters, power supplies, arm meters, moto-tools, commutator cutters, tire grinders, soldering irons, slate blocks, chassis jigs, allen wrenches, silver solder, and flux.
Slot Car racing is also very competitive and there are large tournaments with prizes. To find out more about slot car racing check out Mid-America Raceway and their racing rules. Here is a sample of some of the local track rules.
* Driver qualifying order will be by random selection.
* Qualifying will be 1 minute in duration.
* Overall ranking will be based on the fastest lap time.
* Ties will be broken by the second fastest lap time.
* Any driver who misses their qualifying time will be ranked in last position.
* 1/24, 1/32 and F1 eurosports will qualify on the orange lane.
* Open GP-12, C12, JRL and B-production will qualify on the blue lane.
* Every race will be run as a main starting with the slowest ending with
* The fastest. (i.e. C-main runs before the B-main and the B-main runs before the A-main.)
* Drivers will be loaded into their mains based on the Driver Loading Plan (PDF)
* JRL and B-production will run 3 minute heats.
* Open GP-12 and C12 will run 4 minute heats.
* 1/24, 1/32 and F1 eurosports will run 5 minute heats.
* All slot car races will have a 1 minute intermission between heats.
* Work on slotcars is allowed during the intermission.
Slotcar Turn Marshaling:
* If you race you must turn slot car marshal.
1. drivers at the end of their main must marshal the next main or whenever called upon.
2. the number of slot car marshals must be the same in each main.
3. a 10 lap penalty will be given for missing marshaling.
If you are looking to get into slotcar racing there is a lot you will need to know. I encourage reading the rules and finding out what type of slotcar you would like to race. Many slot car tracks have times and days of the week that someone can take their car in and practice with their friends.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Bill_Gutierrez/293452