Yoga For Beginners – Five Physical Health Benefits of Yoga
When was the last time you felt alive, energised, happy and well? Or do you normally feel tired, frazzled and stressed? When you feel worn-out, exhausted and over-overwhelmed, have you ever wondered if there was a way, maybe a magic pill, which you can take to feel better, more alert, happy and contented?
The practice of yoga could be the ‘magic pill’ you are seeking to improve your energy level and lighten your mood.
Yoga isn’t exactly a magic pill, you do have to do some work but even a short, gentle practice does wonders for your physical health and emotional well being. The lack of exercise in modern day living makes you more susceptible to chronic health and stress problems.
Yoga is a form of exercise which consists of a programme of stretching exercises,(known as asanas) which gently open and stretch the body, increasing flexibility, suppleness and strength; breathing practices (known as pranayama) designed to cleanse the body and calm the nervous system and emotions; and guided relaxation to release body tension and promote a sense of well-being. Some yoga classes also include meditation and chanting.
Five Physical Health Benefits Of Yoga
There are many physical, emotional and spiritual benefits from practicing yoga. The following are five physical benefits from this ancient practice.
1. Yoga improves your posture. Regular practice of yoga makes you more aware of your posture. The different poses, for example, the mountain pose (tadasana) all work together to encourage you to stand tall and proud, open your chest and reduce rounded shoulders.
2. Yoga increases flexibility in joints and ligaments. With an emphasis on all body gentle stretches and working with your breath, yoga increases the range of movement to muscles and joints. For example, the triangle pose opens up and stretches the whole side of your body, with an emphasis on the hip area, rock the baby pose stretches the outer groin and loosens the hip joint.
3. Yoga encourages good circulation. Yoga sequences like the Sun Salutation encourages blood and energy to flow evenly and smoothly around your body.
4. Yoga soothes your nerves. Regular yoga practice activates the parasympathetic nervous system which encourages you to slow down, relax and rest.
5. Yoga massages internal organs. The twisting poses, for example, seated spinal twist bring fresh oxygen to internal organs. Lateral twists increases the elasticity of the spine and allows nourishment to reach the roots of the spinal nerves and the sympathetic nervous system.
6. Yoga encourages better breathing. Yoga breathing exercises encourages correct breathing habits. In yoga breathing exercises, you are shown how to breathe correctly using all of your breathing apparatus. Respiration is improved, which increases vitality.
In summary, hatha yoga has numerous physical health benefits which combine to support you to feel healthy, happy and fit.
Sign up for yoga classes and soon you will enjoy greater flexibility, better breathing and improved health.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Ntathu_Allen/188034