Yummy Chicken Alfredo Biscuit Casserole Recipe
How many times has this happened to you? It’s a nice, lazy Sunday afternoon and suddenly the doorbell rings!
Look who’s out there! It’s your wonderful Aunt Cora, husband Phil and their five kids ranging in age from diapers to about 6! With them, they brought her mother and father and they are all expecting something for dinner.
Yes, it is tempting to point out there’s an Arby’s just down the street, but they are family and you can’t really do that, so you have to do something to feed the mob that’s just descended!
What you need, right now, are some ideas, but where do you go to get them? Well, one place to go is your freezer where you can look around and see what you might have hiding in some of those aluminum-covered packages you have sitting in the rear of the freezer. You might take a look also look in some of those freezer containers to see if there’s anything there.
And, while you are at it, you might see if there is anything available to stretch things a bit. Those items might include frozen dinner rolls or frozen veggies; anything that will stretch what you have available for your guests, such as mushrooms.
Ah, you’re in luck, you have found some chicken and there are some dinner rolls (Pillsbury(R)) and a bag of broccoli florets (Green Giant (R)). At least you have the beginnings of a meal, but what can you do with it? How about creating a Chicken Alfredo Biscuit Casserole. It should feed the crowd (and clean out a little space in our freezer, too). Here are the ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 jar (16 ounces) of Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 cups of cooked chopped chicken
- 2 boxes of thawed broccoli florets
- 1/4 tsp. of dried basel leaves
- 1 can — 7,5 ounces — of premade buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tbsp. of butter melted
- 1 tbsp. of grated Parmasan cheese
Now that you have all of the ingredients ready, it won’t take long before you have the dinner your family’s surprise dinner made you pull out of the proverbial magician’s hat. Here’s what you do
Putting it All Together
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees
- Spray an 8-inch square glass baking dish with anti-stick cooking spray
- In a 10-inch non-stick skillet melt a tbsp. of butter over medium heat; add you mushrooms and onion
- Cook the mushrooms and onion in the skillet stirring occasionally or until tender
- Stir in the Alfredo sauce, milk, broccoli and basel, cook until the mixture is heated and bubbly, stirring constantly
- Spoon into the cooking dish
- Separate the biscuit dough into 10 biscuits
- Cut each biscuit in half crosswise
- Arrange the dough pieces around the edge of the baking dish, overlapping them slightly
- Drizzle the biscuits with melted butter
- Spring the backing dish with Parmasan cheese
- Bake for 10 to 20 minutes or until it is golden brown
Once it is golden brown, take it out of the oven and you will have a great Chicken Alfredo Biscuit Casserole Recipe (with a bit of help from Pillsbury). It’s a meal your family will remember.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Pim_Lorenz/1029625