6 Reasons for a Custom Home
Our homes are often a reflection of our style. However, if you live in a neighborhood where it seems as though every third house has the same floorplan as the one you own, then you may be longing for a place that is truly designed around your needs and your personal style. After all, there is more to owning a home than having one just like the Smiths down the block!
If this sounds familiar, then a custom home is just for you. With a myriad of home designs available, and the ease of changing the floorplan to meet your needs you can quickly have a home that is everything you have ever wanted!
Here are some other advantages to having a custom home built:
1. Fulfilling a dream – Let’s face it. There is something special about being able to walk into a home and know that it is designed exactly to your specs and needs. From the number and size of the bedrooms, to the garage and the state of the art kitchen, a custom home can be everything you desire.
2. Save money – Contrary to what might think, a custom home typically cost less than buying a ready-made home. After all, in most pre-existing homes, there will be some type of upgrade or remodel necessary. By building a home of your own design, there will be no reason to remodel.
3. Everything is new – When you purchase an existing home, you get minimal information about the status of the appliance, plumbing, electrical, etc… Consequently, you spend the first few years learning the home’s nuances and quite possible replacing things. With a new build, you know the history of each element. Sure, there will still be things to discover, but at least it won’t be a constant chore of replacing or upgrading.
4. More energy efficient – Older homes often need more work done on them, be it HVAC systems, doors, windows or water system in order to be energy efficient. With a new build, you can be sure that the home is at the top of the efficiency technology.
5. Landscaping – When you buy a home, you often need to spend time redesigning the landscaping to suit your level of involvement. With a custom home, you can decide how much time you want to invest in yardwork and plan the landscape accordingly.
6. Décor – With an existing home, it is common to go in and paint. Of course, that first means putting down sheeting or taping of areas to protect it from any paint. With a custom home, the painting can be done prior to moving furniture, which make it a much easier task.
If you are wanting a home that truly shows off your uniqueness, then now is the time to start planning a custom home. After all, there is no reason to settle for status quo. Talk to a local builder and learn more about having a home designed and built that suits your needs, your style and your budget. In no time at all, you can have a custom home ready to move in to.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Janet_Slagell/285006