Tips to Apply for Your Dream Job
When applying for job opportunities online, there are certain things that you will need to consider. Here is a list of top things to look at before hitting the ‘apply’ button.
- Search for jobs based on type of job or job category. Apply to categories that are of interest to you and that you are well qualified for. For example if you have experience in retail sales or counter sales, apply for jobs in the sales category.
- Look at the work timings Some jobs have normal 9-5 but some may have evening shifts which may not be suitable for all candidates. If you have a family, night/evening shifts may prove to be difficult for your family so keep that in mind. Part time jobs should also be considered if you are looking at making extra cash.
- Find a job close to home. If you live far away from the desired job consider how long it would take you to get to work because this may affect your work performance and transport costs.
- It is also important to look at the years of experience required. Some employers are looking for freshers while other will need experienced candidates. Always be on the lookout for employers who want your level of experience, trust me they are there.
- Look for your desired salary. If the salary offered is less than what you want, do not apply for the job. Employers find it annoying when they interview candidates who ask for a higher salary than what was quoted in the job description. The ideal salary is one that allows you to pay for all your expenses and leaves you with some savings. However, do not reject jobs because of the salary, sometimes the experience is worth it!
- Another mistake is applying for a job that you are not academically qualified for. When an employer asks for 10th standard and you have a university degree, you are definitely overqualified for the job.
- While applying for a job keep in mind your career goals. Some jobs will give you an opportunity to grow from a fresher position to an assistant manager position in a few years while come might keep you in the same level.
- There are significant differences when it comes to the size of the company. Working for a big company means that you might have access to better facilities and a better salary. However some small companies are also known to have good salaries and are more flexible.
- Some companies normally employ fresher because they place emphasis on the job training. If you are a fresher this would be the ideal company as not only do get a salary but you also get quality training that makes other companies attracted to you.
- There are companies that give employees additional perks such as free lunch, transport & other benefits. Such benefits make the work environment better as well as helping you save money.
Ultimately, your passion determines whether you will get the job or not. If you are simply applying for a job because you are jobless, the employer will see your desperation. But if you are passionate and well qualified for the job an employer is likely to hire you. Finally have clear mindset that you will stay on the job and avoid job hopping after every three months.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Maya_Chandrasekaran/1578797