Many of us enjoy sweet foods, and it is natural to do so. Nowadays, there are sweets available everywhere you go, and it can be hard to resist, and overwhelming to have to say no all the time. Here are some ideas to help you curb your sweet tooth once and for all.
1. Choose natural sweets. Sweet foods are what we prefer as babies, and sweet foods are not all bad. Choose naturally sweet food such as fresh fruits, so you will also get a good dose of vitamins, minerals and fiber while you enjoy them.
2. Clean up your environment. It is almost impossible to kick sugar cravings when there is junk food everywhere you look. Choose not to keep sweets in your home and it will be easier to avoid them altogether.
3. Exercise when you feel a craving for sweets coming on. Exercise naturally balances blood sugar, which will help eliminate the cravings you may feel when your blood sugar is low. Any exercise is great, and even a daily brisk walk can do wonders for helping control your sweet tooth.
4. Cut it out completely. Consuming sugar can give you even stronger cravings for it. If you want to get rid of this constant temptation, it is much easier to get it out of your life completely.
5. Don’t let yourself get too hungry. If you have let yourself go too long in between meals and your blood sugar is dropping, you will crave the quick fix that sugar brings. Avoid this by eating regular meals which include each of the major food groups.
6. Mix sweets with healthy foods. If you are craving something like chocolate, melt it and dip apples or a banana in it. This way you will satisfy your sweet tooth and fill your stomach in a nutritious manner at the same time, which is a perfect combination for relieving a craving.
7. Find an alternate way to reward yourself. Sweets are something we associate with rewards. If you feel as though you deserve a reward for any reason, find a better way to give this to yourself. It could be anything from getting a haircut or manicure, to buying yourself a new book you’ve been wanting.
8. Take a drink of water. Often when you think you are craving sweets, you are actually thirsty. When you want to consume sugar, reach for a large glass of water instead, and see if you still desire sweets by the time you are finished.
9. Use essential oils. There are a number of essential oils such as dill and pink grapefruit which are believed to help curb your sweet cravings when inhaled or applied externally. Be sure to choose pure, high quality oils and to consult with a professional who has experience working with them.
10. Get plenty of rest. When we allow our bodies to get overtired and run down, we will begin to crave foods that are not wholesome. Kick your sugar cravings by getting a sufficient amount of sleep every night.
Having a sweet tooth can be a frustrating situation, as it is difficult to conquer once it gets hold of you. However, there are many ways you can get rid of this frustration once and for all. Kick sugar cravings to the curb with these 10 helpful tips.
Russell (Rusty) Hart is the founder of the Health, Fitness & Sport Club, a website devoted to the promotion of health, fitness and wellness. Should this subject matter be of interest you can visit the HF & S Club home site where you’ll find over 1,300 quality posts with new posts being published daily. To quickly access those that are of interest you can select any of 20 Categories broken down by over 260 Sub-Categories for easy access.
Access this website by going to [http://www.healthfitnessandsport.com]
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/J_Russell_Hart/278755