A truck is a vehicle commonly used to transfer heavy goods from one place to another. The first truck was built in 1896 by Gottlieb Daimler. Can you imagine life without trucks? How would we move cargo from point A to B? Without trucks we would be lost. Here are some interesting facts about the trucks we see on our roads every day.
- Certain trucks are also known as lorries. These are the ones that usually don’t have a canopy at the back. They are more versatile in terms of carrying cargo that may be too long (such as steel rods) to contain within a confined space.
- They are generally used to transfer various items, often heavy or large goods.
- Special truck trailers can be hooked on for additional cargo.
- Most trucks run on diesel which is more fuel efficient than petrol.
- In some countries, a special license other than a general driver’s license is required for a person to be able to drive a truck.
- They come in various shapes and sizes which enable them to carry different types of cargo. There are tip trucks, semi-trucks, concrete trucks, fire trucks and refrigerated trucks.
- Tip trucks are used to transport loose materials such as sand, gravel and dirt for construction. A typical dump truck is equipped with an open-box bed, which is hinged at the rear and equipped with hydraulic pistons to lift the front, allowing the material in the bed to be dumped on the ground at the delivery site.
- Concrete trucks only carry already mixed concrete. The drum must be kept from standing still or else the cement will harden. At the top there is a loading chute through which the ingredients of the mix are funneled into the drum, and below that, a long chute which can be swiveled to change angle relative to the position of the drum.
- Fire trucks are primarily designed for firefighting operations. In addition many fire departments employ their vehicles for many other uses such as emergency medical services and rescue purposes.
- Certain large trucks, which are used to travel long distances, may have a sleeping area which is a place where the driver can sleep during stop overs.
- Most trucks have a front axle and one or two rear axles.
- In certain countries, as many as three trailers may be attached to a single tractor.
- Because they are such large vehicles with multiple trailers attached sometimes, they may need two lanes to turn, so be careful when driving next to a truck.
TSE Big Max cc manufactures a number of products such as trailer axles and trailer suspensions. Our engineering workshop also manufactures custom-made components related to the trailer industry.
We are able to supply you with the following: All trailer spares and equipment, JOST equipment, Electrical equipment, Safety and load equipment and All trailer accessories.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Zaid_Majam/2021195