A daycation is simply a day vacation. It’s a close cousin of the “staycation,” with the advantage that at just one day it requires very little planning. Is it sounding appealing yet?
But before you get too carried away, it’s worth pointing out the ironic twist in taking a daycation: in our fast-paced, whirlwind lives the thought of taking a day off can sometimes make us feel anxious.
But wait! That’s not what vacation is supposed to do!
Maybe we feel like there are too many people counting on us or that we may compromise our responsibilities. Maybe we feel guilty about taking a day off when everyone else has to show up for work.
If we can get past that, the appeal of a daycation is self-evident:
- Small commitment
- Minimal planning
- Affordable or free
So let’s be honest: The only thing stopping us from taking a daycation is… you got it: US.
When you think about what might be stopping you from taking a day off, really think about what you feel you would jeopardize. Start by taking a little time to think about any feelings of guilt, fear or anxiety. You can even write them down to look at them objectively. Then ask yourself: “Realistically, will things really fall apart if I take a day off?”
And just in case you’re still not convinced, here are ten good reasons why you should consider taking a daycation before too long:
- Disruption fosters creativity. Shake up the routine!
- Taking a daycation means you are taking a stand for yourself.
- Creating space can invite clarity into a life situation.
- Determining how you will spend a full day puts you back in the driver’s seat of your life.
- If you are feeling over-extended, reclaiming a day for yourself is a generous act of self-kindness.
- Especially with hectic schedules, having a full day to spend as you see fit is like taking a big deep breath for 24 hours.
- You are almost sure to see/hear/experience you wouldn’t have in a “normal” day.
- Inviting someone you love to share a daycation with you can create a very special memory.
- You can absolutely “play hookie” from your life for a day and remain a responsible adult.
- There will never, ever be a day exactly like this again.
Do some reasons resonate more than others? In today’s culture of always wanting to do more, you shouldn’t be surprised if more than one of these reasons rings true for you.
So… what are you doing tomorrow?
Written by Lisa at Happy Holidays Guides.
If you found this article useful, we have a treasure trove of money-saving travel tips, provocative travel perspectives and in-depth personal destinations reviews and photos. Visit our website to discover travel wisdom and vacation eye-candy: http://www.happyholidaysguides.com
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Lisa_DiAngelis/1898289